Accreon is a full-service technology and business services firm focused on bringing innovation, knowledge, and solutions to our health and human services clients. We are committed to providing value to our customers through the delivery of high quality, cost effective solutions and professional services. Our solutions allow our customers to perform at peak levels by leveraging our comprehensive capabilities, proven expertise and industry leadership.
Comprised of over 150 of the highest skilled resources in the IT industry, our team of delivery resources includes Management Consultants, Project Managers, Technical Architects, Business Analysts, and Developers with extensive experience providing exceptional service to both private and public sector clients.
Our reputation and experience in multiple industries allows us to recruit and retain exceptional people looking to achieve their career goals and broaden their opportunities. We strive to be the best at what we do and we work to create a work environment that enables all of us to succeed, personally and professionally.
We are looking for leaders who pride themselves on achieving success and who enjoy a team-based environment. Become part of our high-performance culture!
Accreon is currently looking to add the talents of a UX Designer to our team. The successful candidate will work with a requirements team to gather, define and refine UX requirements within a Product Backlog (PBL). You will be responsible for in-depth understanding of users and translating this knowledge into UX wireframes, prototypes, etc. to ensure a great user experience. The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree/certificate in computer science or UX design, or related technical field (or equivalent)
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for healthcare systems
- Trained in Agile development methodology and the application of iterative UX design and realization
- Knowledge in the healthcare domain, systems, users, and workflows
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Familiarity with health care solutions;
- Willingness to travel.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.