Accreon is a full-service technology and business services firm focused on bringing innovation, knowledge, and solutions to our health and human services clients. We are committed to providing value to our customers through the delivery of high quality, cost effective solutions and professional services. Our solutions allow our customers to perform at peak levels by leveraging our comprehensive capabilities, proven expertise and industry leadership.
Comprised of over 150 of the highest skilled resources in the IT industry, our team of delivery resources includes Management Consultants, Project Managers, Technical Architects, Business Analysts, and Developers with extensive experience providing exceptional service to both private and public-sector clients.
Our reputation and experience in multiple industries allows us to recruit and retain exceptional people looking to achieve their career goals and broaden their opportunities. We strive to be the best at what we do and we work to create a work environment that enables all of us to succeed, personally and professionally.
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our team. The Business Analyst must be curious about how organizations work and seek to understand why people do what they do to get their job done. The Business Analyst will take pleasure in finding creative solutions that increase values of final products so that end users and stakeholders are delighted with the results.
The Business Analyst must be able to employ the latest techniques in addition to time-tested analyst methodologies. He must be adept at elicitation practices such as: interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, facilitated workgroups and more. Additionally, he must be an expert at requirements analysis and software lifecycle documentation, and able to craft business process descriptions to guide developers and satisfy end user desires. His abilities must extend to creating document findings in a format that ranges from: use cases, user stories/scenarios and functional requirements to UML models, data models, and workflow analyses in a concise way so that our technical team can turn them into reality. The Business Analyst must have the confidence and ability to interact with clients and senior team members from various organizations in the firm, industry and government communities.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Includes but not limited to:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external customers, and internal application engineers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts such as Requirements Documents and Specs.
- Act as the project expert regarding: requirements elicitation, requirements analysis and management, documenting requirements for iterative development, and the communication of business needs.
- Understanding the current state of the client organization while at the same time, tracking to the vision of where a client organization wants to be. (As is/to be).
- Develop that understanding to serve as a basis for the later identification of business needs and to define solutions that meet business needs, goals, or objectives.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with end users to define concepts, and under the direction of project managers.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community, and the software development team to achieve successful project functionality.
- Represents us in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, clients and other customers of our services.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience as Business or Systems Analyst
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Extensive experience documenting software requirements, and associated methodologies
- Very strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse customer group including; executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Able to create swim-lane diagrams and other process documentation
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Must have ability to interact with clients and senior staff members from various organizations in the firm, industry, and government communities
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Clearance
- Experience with Case Management and Business Process Management solutions
- Expert at OO Analysis and Design techniques
- Knowledge of relational database terminology modeling and design techniques
- 5+ years of experience aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities delivered by information technology
- Extensive experience facilitating formal JAD Sessions, or other Requirements Discovery/Elicitation and Design workgroups
- Proficient in BPMN and UML, and able to perform BPR studies
- Able to connect project’s objectives with organization strategic goals
- Able to facilitate large group of multidiscipline participants to agree on common objectives using advanced facilitation techniques to brainstorm, reduce conflicts, and identify solutions
- Expert at eliciting the actual needs of stakeholders, not simply their expressed desires
Note: 6-month contract position.
Accreon thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Accreon is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.